I know that it might be slightly early to bring this up, given that by Sunday we'll still have about 900 pages left in our current book, but I'll go ahead and float my idea anyway. If you're enjoying this process of book-club-by-blog, I was thinking, after a short break, we could continue the project in the fall/winter with another book we could plow through together. Some ideas I've had circulating in my head for potential next books:
- BLEAK HOUSE, DickensIt would probably work best to try to pick a book most of us haven't read yet (or would be willing to reread), which may be tricky. Mull it over, and let me know if you're interested, and if you have other ideas for a next book. (Perhaps we should consider non-fiction as well?) If enough people seem interested, I'll set up a sidebar poll and we can pick our next book that way.
- GRAVITY'S RAINBOW, Pynchon
- THE WINGS OF THE DOVE, James
- THE BLIND ASSASSIN, Atwood
- THE SAVAGE DETECTIVES, Bolaño
- DON QUIXOTE, Cervantes
- THE UNNAMED, Ferris
- ANNA KARENINA, Tolstoy
- ATMOSPHERIC DISTURBANCES, Galchen
- WUTHERING HEIGHTS, Brontë
- CHRONIC CITY, Lethem
- THE NAMES, DeLillo
In the meantime, get to page 304 (or the end of Volume I) by Sunday!