Monday, July 5, 2010

Welcome to the Midway Point

Congratulations: we are at the midway point. It's all downhill from here. I've noticed that the reading has started moving along at a nice clip the last week or so. I failed to post a summary last week. I'll try to do a combined summary of the last two weeks when I have a second to put that together.

Hope you are all continuing to enjoy the book. The last two weeks have been full of dog hunts, long engagements, seduction, etc. I'm guessing Napoleon and war will be returning soon. Two of our main characters, Pierre and Andrei, have been banished to the background for much of the past two weeks, as we've had hundreds of pages about Natasha and her whims. I haven't minded all that too much, but it'll be good to get back to the more interesting, mature characters, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment