Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Final Days

Hopefully some of you are still checking this site. And hopefully some of you are into the final few pages of the book. (I know a bunch of you have already finished the book.) I'll try to do a few final posts this weekend, discussing the book, its themes, its weaknesses, etc. I'd encourage my fellow bloggers to throw up a few final posts as well if they have the time or inclination.

For those of you who are interested, we'll move onto DON QUIXOTE in September. I'll create a new blog for that book sometime soon. If you want to get a headstart, we'll be reading the Edith Grossman translation that came out a few years ago.

Good luck with the final week of WAR & PEACE.

1 comment:

  1. As I mentioned to the Secretary in a text message the other day, DQ is so damn refreshing after the slog that is W&P. It's funny and touching. It's ridiculously modern for its time, with its slapstick comedy and stuff. When I got to the point where DQ and Sancho barfed on each other, i knew I was home.

    dn

    ReplyDelete